Track my distance
Track your miles with a fitness app
Linking your fundraising page to a fitness app is a great way to update everyone with your efforts. Plus it’s proven that fundraisers who use this feature raise on average nearly double the amount of those that don’t!
Your runs will come up automatically on your activity feed once connected to your chosen app. To see how many miles you’ve ran so far, click the ‘Click here to see total miles’ button. This will be on the right hand side on Desktop and at the bottom of your page if on mobile.
Download the Strava mobile app here
Watch this short video guide on how to connect your fundraising page to Strava.
Download the Map My Fitness mobile app here
Watch this short video guide on how to connect your fundraising page to Map My Fitness.
Now every time you complete more miles (with your fitness app on of course!) your fundraising page will automatically be updated with the miles you’ve completed. It’s that easy. Plus it’s the perfect way to show your sponsors how far you’ve come and how their donations will keep you powering through to the finish-line.
Note: Please make sure your runs and profile on the running apps are set to public – if not they will not show on your fundraising page.
How to keep track without using a fitness app
If you’d prefer not to use a fitness app you can still easily keep track of your miles through your fundraising page by manually updating it using the simple steps below. That way your sponsors will still be able to see how you’re progressing:
- Go to your fundraising page – this was automatically set-up for you when you signed-up to MyMarathon.
- Log-in to your fundraising page using the email address and password you supplied during sign-up (don’t worry if you’ve forgotten either of these, there’s the option to re-set). Note: If you land on the ‘Dashboard’ rather than your page, simply click on the ‘Voice’ icon and select your MyMarathon 2017 fundraising page by clicking on the tile below ‘Goals’.
- Just below the ‘Post an update’ box, you’ll see ‘Fitness’ with a runner. Click on this and it will open up a box.
- Edit the number of miles, your duration, and the time of day you completed your miles by clicking on the links.
- Click ‘post’ and then refresh your page – it should now appear in your feed.