Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of this site is provided by BHF subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
BHF reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to BHF are provided “as is”, without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will BHF be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages or loss of profits whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
BHF does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs, nor do we guarantee the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
You may also want to read our Privacy and Cookies policy.
Trademarks, copyrights and other marks
a. BHF is the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, including the British Heart Foundation and MyMarathon logos, as well as any rights in the Material. The Material is protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world and all right are reserved. You may not use or do anything with the Material or any of our intellectual property rights apart from as set out in this section.
b. The names, images and logos identifying the BHF or third parties and their products and services are the proprietary marks of the BHF and/or third parties as appropriate. You may only use these where they are included on any pages or documents that you copy and use in accordance with this section. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions or on the Website may be construed as conferring any licence or right under any trademark or patent of the BHF or any third party.
c. Commercial use or publication of all or any Material is strictly prohibited without prior written authorisation from BHF.
d. You may: i. print off or download any page(s) from the Website for your personal use; and ii. copy documents on this Website for personal, non-commercial use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely.
e. You must NOT: i. modify the paper or digital copies of any Material you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text; or
ii. copy, display or publish any of the Material (including any photos, documents or text) in a way which is accessible to the public (for example, on another website) without prior written authorisation from BHF.
f. Please note that some of the Material (including some documents and photos) has been published on this Website with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not BHF). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners.
Linking to the British Heart Foundation website can help communicate valuable information to patients, medical professionals, volunteers and other interested parties about heart disease and related issues. It is not necessary to request permission to link to the BHF website, although we reserve the right to request the removal of any link. The BHF logo may not be used without prior written permission, which may be requested by emailing us. A link to the BHF site must not be used to imply BHF endorsement of the site, related products or services. Your site must not conflict with the aims of the BHF.
The BHF website includes links to external websites. We receive many link requests and only link to sites which we believe provide useful information that will be of interest to our users. BHF has no control and therefore takes no responsibility for the content of external internet sites even when we have included a link on our own Website. The existence of a link from our Website to any other website is for information purposes only and does not imply that the BHF endorses the activities or views of that website or the organisation behind the site, nor does it indicate any form of association or partnership on our part. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of those sites.
Fundraising Standards Board Logo
The BHF is a member of the Fundraising Standards Board. This is because we are committed to the highest standards in fundraising and strive to always work in a way that is effective, open and honest. We are dedicated to raising funds in the most cost effective ways in order to beat heart disease.
The Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB) is an independent board that has been set up to help people to give to charitable organisations with confidence. The board’s primary function is to deal with complaints about fundraising activity from members of the public.
By joining the Fundraising Standards Board we agree to adhere to the Institute of Fundraising Codes of Fundraising Practice and the Fundraising Standards Board Fundraising Promise.
Any questions regarding this site should be sent to Digital Team, British Heart Foundation, Greater London House, 180 Hampstead Road, London NW1 7AW or please contact us.
Donations and payments
a. Although BHF seeks to protect online payment details in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, the security of such information transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed. As such any data transferred is at your own risk.
b. If you use a payment card on our Website, you must be the authorised user of the card and have permission and funds to make the relevant payment or donation.
c. If you have made a donation of money in error please call the Supporter Services team on 0300 330 3322 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be happy to discuss your refund with you. Please note we will not be able to return donated items.
By submitting a photo as part of MyMarathon, you are confirming:
That the BHF is authorised to use the photograph/image submitted by you for this year and next year’s campaign, and any other items including, but not limited to its printed publications, website items, display materials and press releases, without limitation of time and not restricted to this event;
That we are also authorised to use the photograph/image on social media sites including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter;
and that you are fully entitled to give this authorisation on behalf of everyone that appears in the photo/image, including full parental/guardian consent for anyone under the age of 16.
That you will not submit any inappropriate material and in the event of this occurring, it will be rejected immediately.
Image consent can be withdrawn at any time by notifying BHF in writing, however, once information is placed on the internet, we do lose a degree of control over the distribution and retrieval of such information. Therefore please keep this in mind when providing consent. You understand and agree that that the British Heart Foundation will not be required to stop using material that is already produced or recall material that is already in circulation, but that you will be able to request that we do not use your story or photo in any future publications or campaigns.
Fundraising Prize Incentives
- The Promoter is British Heart Foundation, Greater London House, 180 Hampstead Road London, NW1 7AW (Promoter).
- To be entered into the free give away you must have donated over £75 (not including Gift Aid) to MyMarathon by midnight on 30 June 2017.
- There are prizes for having donations pledged in the amount of at least £75 (not including Gift Aid), £150 (not including Gift Aid) and £300 over (not including Gift Aid), these prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The prizes are a pin badge for £75 – £149, a medal for £150 – £299 and a trophy for raising £300+.
- The promoter reserves the right to change the prizes or cancel the draw at any time.
- The free give away is only open to people aged 18 or over and resident in mainland Britain.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- The winners will be notified by post with their prize by the end of August 2017. Only the winners will be notified and no correspondence will be entered into. The promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters.
- The free give away is not open to employees of British Heart Foundation, their families, agents, or affiliates of BHF, or anyone involved in this free give away.
- Signing up to MyMarathon and raising donations of over £75 (not including Gift Aid) will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Any data collected is for MyMarathon purposes only.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the free give away. You can enter for free by sending your name & address before midnight on the 30 June 2017 to MyMarathon, BHF, Lyndon Place, 2096 Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 3YU and clearly stating that it is for consideration for the fundraising prize incentives.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility or liability for any lost or damaged prizes.
- The winners will be judged by the BHF.
- Entrants should register for MyMarathon at bhf.org.uk/mymarathon
- Entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that the contact details they provide are up to date and accurate.
- By signing up to MyMarathon you warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.